I. Collection of Information
When you access and browse our website (including when you submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the website), we will collect the following from you:
Information you provide:
- Contact information – we receive and store any information you enter on our website. Our Website uses forms to collect your personal information including your name and email address so you can request information, get support, and use our services.
- Payments and billing information – when signing up for any of our Services, products, or programs, we request additional personal and payment information such as your name, credit card information, PayPal or relevant service, billing address, personal, government or TAX identification number or other information including but not limited to certificates, tax declarations, forms, payment documents and other relevant documents.
- Surveys and contests – we may, from time to time, offer surveys and opinion polls and ask you to provide information about your experience and feedback for our services.
Information we receive from your use of our services or third-parties
- Automated information – when you visit our website we receive and collect information, which may – in certain circumstances constitute personal information – and which includes your IP address, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, operating system, date/time and/or clickstream data.
- Website Analytics tools – We use analytics services by third parties to collect information about the use of this Website, such as number, of visits, pages visited, popularityof certain content. Analytics tools use tracking technologies (like cookies) to recognize your device and compile information about you. They collect information such as what pages you visit and how much time you spend on these pages, the IP address assigned to you, what operating system and web browser you use, and what website you visited prior to visiting our website.
- Information Logs – when you visit the Website, view content provided by us, use our services, use our Chat service, ask us a question, request technical assistance in regard to our services, send us an email or participate in a contest or survey on our website, we automatically collect and store certain information in log files. This may include your IP address, URL, browser software, operating system, date/time, requests type to our Website and error responses returned by our Website or Services.
- Other information – we also receive and store any information that you provide on our Website, our Chat service, any complaint forms on our website, email, telephone, or any other type of communication with our team or related to the provisioning of our services. Whenever you contact us, we will record the ticket, chat, or call to ensure we have an accurate record of all communication, which is needed to provide our services and to support any action taken by our team as a result in the event of a dispute over our response.
II. How we utilize information
Information you provide:
We collect, store, and use the information you provide for the following reasons:
- Contact information – to contact you regarding the progress of your orders, status of the services, functionality changes to our products and our Website, and – where you have opted in to receive such information – other/new services, and/or special offers/newsletters we think you might find useful, we use email, telephone, and/or text message, as well as to inform you about hosting account issues, service interruptions or updates, service improvements or new products in accordance with our Terms of Service and applicable law.
- Payment and billing information – we need it together with your contact details to process your donations.
- Surveys and Contests
- Any answers to surveys and opinion polls are stored separately from your details and we either anonymize or pseudonymize the data collected, which can be used for ascertaining the usage of certain aspects of our Website and services and market research.
- If you enter a Contest, we use the data you provide for the successful administration of the Contest, to contact you or work with third parties to contact you in case you’ve won anything and fulfill prizes in accordance to the announcement and terms of the participation for the respective Contest. We may also, where you have opted in to receive such communication, and unless prohibited by law, use your information provided via our surveys and Contests to send you details about our services or offers.
Information we receive from your use of our services or third-parties
We collect, store, and use the information that we receive from your use of our services or third-parties for the following reasons:
- Automated information – to diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our Website and services. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information, except if necessary to prevent fraud or abuse on our Website and systems.
- Analytics tools – to improve services on our Website.
- Information Logs – for diagnosing problems, administering our Website, and resolving issues.
- Other information – to maintain your account and to identify certain characteristics that could help us optimize and improve our products and services.
III. Purposes of data processing
When you access or use our Services, we need to collect, use, and otherwise process your information, as set out in this Policy. We are committed to your privacy and follow a few fundamental principles when we process personal data:
- We strive to collect only the minimum personal data that we need to deliver any Services to you.
- We aim for full transparency on how we use your information to comply with legal or other lawful purposes and respect your privacy.
- We make sure we only use your information for the purposes you have given us permission for.
We rely on a number of legal bases to use your information, as set out in this Policy:
- Contract – the use of your information is necessary to perform any contractual obligations in order to provide any Services to you or to administer any Contests you enter into.
- Legal obligations – our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. For example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities; or to use your personal information for tax calculations.
- Our legitimate interests – necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as to:
- run, grow, develop, and deliver our services;
- detect and prevent fraudulent activities;
- enhance the security of our network and information systems;
- better understand how people interact with our website;
- determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising; and
- enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers.
- Consent – we rely on your consent for us to use your personal information to send you marketing information (such as our newsletters and promotional offers) by email, SMS, or telephone. You may withdraw your consent at any time by updating your personal Info/Settings in your user profile in our User Area, using our Unsubscribe option in relation to email subscriptions, or contacting us using the details set out in the “Further questions and contacts” section of this Policy.
IV. Cookies, beacons, tags, pixels
Our Website includes marketing cookies and remarketing pixel provided by third parties. That allows these parties to collect the information that you have visited our Website and were interested in certain offers. We also use beacons, tags, click tracking codes and scripts to analyze trends and movements of users around the Website, gather information about user base as a whole and how we can improve our service and Website, to provide advertising based upon activities and interests and to measure advertising effectiveness.
You can manage your preferences regarding Cookies either by modifying your browser settings or using the designated pop-up tool on our website. In the ‘Cookie Settings’ pop-up on our Website you will find a list of all cookies within each category (required, statistics, marketing), or a list of vendors serving cookies and similar technologies and will be able to choose which types of cookies you would like our Website to use, if any.
You can also modify your Cookie preferences straight from your browser. Please note that if you simply disable all of our cookies or cookies in general in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our Website will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting Website functionally required cookies.
V. How we share your personal information and who we share it with
All personal information collected by The Mad Rook is treated as confidential. We disclose entire or part of your data in the limited circumstances described below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- If we are required by law – we will disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legitimate governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property – We will share account and personal information with companies, organizations or individuals when we believe in good-faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is necessary to meet any applicable law, comply with regulation, legal process or enforceable request; to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; to investigate potential violations; to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of The Made Rook, our users or the public as required or permitted by law. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take all reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
- Domain Registrars – the domain’s owner information (WHOIS Data) for any domain name is required and controlled by the Registry for the top-level domain which you wish or have registered a domain name in. We share your information to the extent necessary to comply with ICANN’s rules, regulations, and policies and with rules and policies by the ICANN-accredited registrar providers we represent. The use and disclosure of the personal information as part of the domain registration process is governed by the Domain Name Agreement in our Terms of Service.
VI. International transfers
- We host, store, or otherwise handle your personal information within the borders of the USA and European Economic Area (EEA).
- We will make sure that any transfers of your personal information from one country to another comply with the data protection and privacy laws that apply.
- European data protection laws, in particular, include specific rules on transferring personal information outside the EEA.
VII. Security measures
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt the information you enter on our Website in order to protect its security during transmission to and from our Website. When storing information, we protect its security by encryption and pseudonymization of critical data. When we process credit card information and payments, the credit card is subject to tokenization and strong security measures.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures require us in some cases to request proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
To protect against unauthorized access to your account and information, be sure to sign off when you finish using your account and your computer.
Although we take all these measures to maintain the safety and security of your personal information, please note that no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot fully guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
VIII. Retention periods
Information collected on our website will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. In general, we will automatically delete your User Area account information 2 years after you no longer have any active services with us. Your personal data is deleted in accordance with these retention periods.
IX. Your Rights
By visiting your member account page, you can access, correct, change, and delete certain personal information associated with your account. If you need further assistance, you can contact us using the details in the “Further questions and contacts” section of this policy to request any of the following:
- confirm whether or not personal data about you is being processed;
- provide you with further details about how we process your personal data;
- provide you with a copy of any data which we hold about you;
- withdraw your consent to using your personal information, where we rely on your consent as a legal basis to justify using your personal data;
- consider any valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds related to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing);
- request to update or delete personal data which we hold about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal data;
- consider any valid request to transfer your personal data to a third-party provider of services (data portability); and
- we will consider all those requests. However, certain personal information may be exempt from those requests in certain circumstances, which include a need to keep processing information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If such an exception applies, we will notify you when responding to your request. Please note that we may ask you to provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding.
X. Age Restrictions
We do not sell products, provide services, or collect information from any individual under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not allowed to use the Website and you must request your parent or guardian to use the Website instead. Should you have an evidence that someone under the age of 18 has bought services and provided their personal information to us, please contact us using the details set out in the “Further questions and contacts” section below.
If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice via our Website, at least fifteen (15) days before the changes take effect.
XII. Further questions and contacts