For the website link, there will be an ad-blocker page. Just ignore it and scroll down.
1. classy, compassionate, confident, successful, intelligent, educated, hard-working, and friendly.
2. They put a comma after both the city and the state.
3. They put a comma after both the day and the year.
4. The MeToo movement is a movement against sexual harassment and sexual assault by men targeting women. MeToo spread virally in October 2017 as a hashtag used on social media in an attempt to demonstrate the widespread prevalence of sexual assault and harassment, especially in the workplace.
5. She was sexually abused as a child and felt the need to support the movement.
6. She named it after her name BUT spelled backwards.
7. Chat show – People Are Talking. Movie – The Color Purple. The Oprah Winfrey Show. Oprah Winfrey Network (TV network). Production company – Harpo Productions. Morning show – A.M. Chicago. Miniseries – The Women of Brewster Place. Movie – Beloved. Book club – Oprah’s Book Club. Company – Oxygen Media. Magazine – O: The Oprah Magazine. TV show – Greenleaf. Recognized as the richest African-American of the 20th century. Charity program – Angel Network. Charity foundation – Family for Better Lives. First recipient of the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award. Won the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement.
8. Lance Armstrong is an American former professional road racing cyclist who fell from glory following a doping scandal. Once counted among the most illustrious and influential athletes of the 21st century, he became the first American to win the Classico San Sebastian and was ranked as the No.1 cyclist in the world in 1996. Stricken with a potentially fatal metastatic testicular cancer at the height of his career, he fought all odds to defeat the disease and emerged a survivor. He went on to achieve even greater glory after returning to cycling after his cancer scare. From the years 1999 to 2005, Armstrong won seven Tour de France titles consecutively, making his mark in the athletic world. He accomplished much during his glorious career as a cyclist and retired from racing at the end of the 2005 Tour de France. He returned to competitive cycling a few years later, finishing third in the 2009 Tour de France. Considered to be a hero at the time of his retirement for his cycling achievements and courageous battle against cancer, his image went downhill in 2012 after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency charged him with using performance-enhancing drugs.
9. Testosterone is the male hormone produced in a man’s testicles that is primarily responsible for a man’s hair, deep voice, sex drive, and aggressiveness. Testosterone production starts to increase significantly during puberty, and begins to dip after age 30 or so. The equivalent hormone is women is called estrogen.
Verb Tenses of Passive Voice
1. Describe Honey’s personality. She was young-minded, child-like, sensitive, smart, and lively.
2. Describe the husband’s personality. He was mature, child-like(sometimes), and faithful.
3. Why did Honey almost slip and fall one day? she was so excited to brush off the snow as a result she slipped.
4. What would Honey often get embarrassed about? She often gets embarrassed When her husband comes late from work and sees her that she is crying over a silly Tv show.
5. Why couldn’t the husband sleep one Christmas Eve? Because he gave her a puppy and the puppy’s playfulness and energy kept him awake all Christmas Eve.
6. Describe the accident that Honey had one time and her husband’s response. She damaged the car in a car accident and her husband wasn’t mad at her whatsoever. He pretended like he was just to play with her.
7. What was the husband’s first indication that something was wrong? Once he came home unexpectedly and found her crying without any reason.
8. The song is unclear on what happened to Honey? What do you think happened? Well, here are the possibilities that I came with.
A. she was sick and didn’t tell him about that maybe she had cancer because she was crying without any reasons.
B. She committed a suicide. A teenage girl could be “kinda dumb and kinda smart.” (I’m not sure because they love each other)
C. she slipped to brush off the snow, so she died after that and all that was a memory.
9. How did he describe his life after Honey died? He had an empty life. He was waiting to finish his life here and follow her. He was dreaming of her.
10. Who else was sad about Honey’s passing besides him? The rain clouds that passed by occasionally.
11. Honey had a flower bed that she tended. What was perhaps her favorite plant in this song? The tree he gave her at the beginning of the song.
12. Relate the story told by this song. (Tell it to me.) This song is telling a story about a guy who was lucky enough to meet the love of his life. Even if only for a short while; his love for her was so great that he finds confort in remembering her. It is not important as to why or how she died, the fact is that she is no longer here and as he says, he is being good.